Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Are Computers Alive?

Doods. My computer? Is, like, broken? I'm so mad. Why, computer, why? Why did you choose one week before my thesis is due to break? Do you hate me that much? Do you want me to fail? In case this is inspiring palpitations in anyone who cares whether I turn in my thesis, not that I'm saying there necessarily is such a person, rest assured that I managed to get my files off the computer before it burst into metaphorical flames. So the thesis will still be turned in, and it won't be, like, a recitation of the alphabet. But blogging must needs be put on hold until I get this worked out, which will possibly be by tomorrow, and which will certainly result in a tremendous effusive post about how much I love my computer, and all of you. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it done yet? the thesis? and is your compy feeling better?

bird

12:22 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Yes, computers are alive. I thought we had this discussion. They're a lot like pets - you have to pay regular attention to them, and most importantly, you have to give them a name. I've never seen a computer that performed well without a name.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home