Monday, April 17, 2006

I Work Hard, Too!

Sorry not to post yesterday - I was felled by the Easter bunny. But the good news is that Joshua Bolten, the new White House Chief of Staff, seems like a really fun guy, telling White House aides that anybody who was thinking of leaving within a year should just go now. I don't know why, exactly, but to me this just sounds kind of... mean. He's like, "I'm sick of you people screwing things up for the President. You know why his approval ratings are so low? It's because of people like you, lazing around here, leaking stuff to the press, messing up the war in Iraq, confusing the public on his prescription drug program; yeah, you know who you are. You know what? You know what? Why don't you just go. That's right, just go. If you don't like it here, you can leave. This is my House, and while you're under this roof you're going to work by my rules."

But don't worry, Scott McClellan's press conference about Bolten's first staff meeting did not go by without mentioning the "hard work" required to serve in the Administration. Oh my god, do they EVER talk about ANYTHING without saying what hard work it is? When Peter Pace was defending Rumsfeld the other day, he said, "nobody works harder than he does." I hate to be the ones to break it to you, fellas, but you are the leaders of the free world. You're not grade schoolers. You don't get A's for effort. I'm so happy for you all that you're not lazy, but seriously, is non-laziness really your main accomplishment? My hamster isn't lazy either, but you don't see anyone electing him for office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home