Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Did I Say My Name Was Taylor? I Meant Tyler.

The other day Nigeria announced that it would turn over ex-Liberian President and major-league asshole Charles Taylor for extradition to Sierra Leone to face war crimes charges, and now, lo and behold, he's gone missing. Oops. It's not clear in exactly what way he's missing, whether he fled or was abducted, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say he hotfooted it out of there. Taylor is one of the most horrendous human beings on the world stage in recent history, playing a key role in starting a war that killed 300,000 people, and seeing as how he's managed to avoid being held accountable thus far, I have a feeling he's pretty crafty, too. So maybe Nigeria could have handled this a little better, like, instead of giving him a head start by announcing they have a warrant for his arrest, perhaps they could have just gone straight to his lavish villa and arrested him. Just a thought.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are TOO Funny!

My Name Is Taylor' is the name of my Blog, lol.

taylor

11:07 AM  
Blogger ..... said...

Had to come back and post under my actual name! You're such a witty and profound individual that I had to come back.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home