Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Bok-bok-bok-bok

I feel bad for the five young women in Azerbaijan who died from the bird flu, but at least they have the special distinction of pushing the death toll over 100. These most recent victims were all female teenagers because they are customarily the ones tasked with defeathering dead birds.

When the bird flu hit France in February, it also hit the poultry industry hard, and French President Jacques Chirac went around publicly eating chicken to show how safe it is, blah blah blah. Well, that's great, and it's true that eating properly cooked chicken is safe, but, as these most recent deaths remind us, that doesn't really apply if you're the one cooking and handling the chicken. So while I fear that at a mere word from me the global poultry industry will collapse, I feel it is incumbent upon me to say, if you can, stay away from the dagnab chicken. Obviously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad Allen said...

What about raw eggs? Cuz there is this certain cocktail popular in South America which I really like and which contains raw eggs. You know the one I'm talking about...

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home