Tuesday, March 14, 2006

One Count of Suckiness in the First Degree

I am the worst, most irresponsible blogger ever! I hereby swear to never miss another day again. Okay, that's probably a lie, but I'm sorry to be so inconsistent lately. As I mentioned in Sunday Confidential, I'm in PA, and it turns out that eastern Pennsylvania is not (yet) covered in a blanket of wireless internet access, so I have been away from my bleedin' computer for almost 48 hours. Oh, how I have suffered. But my weekly column is up at Lost Writers today, and I should be back to regular posting asap.

The good news, though, is that another opportunity for international criminal trial mash-ups has arisen: Moussaoui plus Milosevic! Because the prosecution (i.e., the US government) improperly shared information with witnesses in the sentencing trial against Zacarias Moussaoui, the only person to be charged in the US in the 9/11 attacks, the trial will now go forward without those key witnesses. Milosevic's war crimes trial had to be stopped because it could not go forward without the man himself, who died on Saturday. So, we've got the evidence without a defendant in the one case, and a defendant without evidence in the other. Let's just put them together and have one big trial, with a charge broad enough to cover both cases, something like, He's Just Generally a Bad Person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home