Monday, March 20, 2006

A Life Sentence Would Be Letting the Terrorists Win

Wow, this trial just keeps getting better: FBI Witness in Moussaoui Trial Faults Superiors. Apparently the agent who arrested Zacarias Moussaoui was blocked by his FBI superiors from interviewing him to determine if he was involved with a terrorist cell, and then, after 9/11, the agent told that the attacks were "just a coincidence" that had nothing to do with Moussaoui.

I feel like that might not be so good for the prosecution's case, which is that Moussaoui should get the death penalty because he didn't tell anyone about the planned 9/11 attacks. Although seeing as how they didn't so much interview him, I guess it does prove that point in the most literal sense. But things are really not going so well for the prosecutors, who also got in trouble for coaching witnesses and lost the crucial testimony of some aviation officials. If I were a lawyer for the government (i.e. the prosecution), I think I'd try a new tactic: for example, lighting my hair on fire in the middle of a cross-examination and running out of the courtroom while tap dancing. Or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home