Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Confidential

Hi, hi. So for once I'm actually going to say something very personal in my Sunday Confidential, even though it might not sound like it: I've taken up running. The reason this is so personal is that I suck at it, so it's a little embarrassing. It's probably better to call it jogging. Those of you who know me personally know that I prefer to, well, not move, so jogging is not a natural fit for me, but it's very exciting. It's both more empowering and more humiliating than I ever expected. It's empowering because when I started I could hardly even run for five minutes, and now I can go for forty; it's humiliating because I'm just so slow - I start out okay, but I usually end up like one of those old ladies going almost at walking pace while swinging their elbows and bending their knees. But it's all good, because I'm hanging in there, and one day I'm going to run for twenty-four hours straight. Wait, no I won't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home