Monday, October 10, 2005

Odds on Armageddon

Will Harriet Miers be confirmed as the next Supreme Court justice by the Senate? I checked in at TradeSports to, you know, get the pulse of the nation or whatever and, vainly attempting to overcome my visual/spatial disfunctionality, came to the conclusion that I can't read graphs. As far as I can tell, though, it's not looking too good for old Harriet. Either that or she lost her car keys. But honestly, who cares, when the world is obviously coming to an end any day now?

I'll spare you the detailed list of natural disasters that are freaking me out at the moment, but suffice it to say that there's been too much water in all the wrong places, not enough water in all the other places, and late-breaking evidence that the earth is actually made of shifting plates that crash into each other from time to time.

And I'm not even going to get into the impending worldwide flu epidemic, not being allowed to drink coffee on the subway, or the miniature Tom Cruise cyborg replica being surgically inserted into "Kate" Holmes's uterus as we speak.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people say that the avian flu is for the birds, but I believe it should be taken seriously.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home