Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bump Another One

So, both the hot items of the moment in the "blogosphere," as I hear it's called, are substance related:

1) Kate Moss's acknowledged cocaine use, and
2) President Bush's possible drinking.

I sort of can't believe I'm saying this, but I think both of these issues should be put to bed. As soon as I say a couple of things.

As for poor Kate, whooooooo caaaaaaaares? I'm the zillionth person to point out that of course she does cocaine, she's a model, and she's not even the first model to admit to the habit. And considering that she started her career as the exemplar of heroin chic, we should just be glad that she seems to prefer coke, right?

And the President, I mean, jeez. If what the National Enquirer says is true, which is at least a legitimate possibility, we're all in some deep shit (if the past not-quite-five years are him sober, I don't want to see what comes next). But it's more than that, it's worse than that - we've all (blue staters, or whoever) wanted him to open his eyes to what's going on in the world, but I know that I, for one, didn't consider the very logical implication: that he wouldn't be able to deal. And sure, I hate him as much as the next guy, but this relapse, if true, is also a personal tragedy. So let's just let him be on this issue for the moment so he can gather his wits - lord knows it would be in all of our best interests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home