Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sunday Confidential

Hello friends, and welcome to Sunday Confidential. Today's topic: ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...turn and face the strain. (Side note: a few years ago I saw Bowie in concert. We are so in love.) Anyway, I hate change. Some examples:

:: I tend to eat the same thing every day for about a year at a time: most recently it was yogurt and granola, but before that there was a year of peanut butter and jelly with an ice cream sandwich, one of french fries, one of pizza - you know, really healthy stuff.
:: As previously mentioned, I love Law & Order. And the reason I love L&O is because the plots precisely follow a structure that is consistent from show to show. You can often tell if the detectives are on the right track by what time it is: if they've arrested a suspect and it's not the last ten minutes or so, you know there will be a twist.
:: I don't like the seasons, especially fall and spring, because I don't like all the changing. I don't like the wind, or the weather getting colder and warmer, or things dying or pushing out of the ground. It's just so stressful.

So one possibility would be to move to Los Angeles, where at least the weather is a constant, but of course that in itself would involve a big change. I could get a job writing for Law and Order, but I don't think they're hiring. So that leaves the food. Right now I don't have a daily food, although I eat a lot of oatmeal. If you've got a suggestion for a yummy daily food that will provide my life with a modicum of stability, leave me a comment and let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger LD said...

I'm totally down with my new favorite breakfast...toaster oven waffles with fruit cocktail (canned in juice, of course) and cottage cheese (low fat, of course). I also add wheat germ to it because my diet tells me to, but I wouldn't blame you for skipping that part.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oatmeal is a great one! mine usually has maple syrup, and some frozen blueberries, but can be easily customized to desired sweetness, and type of topping.
i can also suggest chik patties, easy to make, salty, and made of soy, so extra good for you.
my 3rd suggestion are pierogies, tasty and easy to make.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home