Monday, October 24, 2005

Whisper Down the Alley

Um, oh.
I. Lewis Libby Jr., Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, first learned about the C.I.A. officer at the heart of the leak investigation in a conversation with Mr. Cheney weeks before her identity became public in 2003, lawyers involved in the case said Monday.
So... that's not good. It's very Nixon-era, though. Kind of got that old-school, ain't-no-party-like-a-pocket-lining-party, you-think-this-is-bad-you-should've-seen-what-I-did-to-Christie-Whitman's-husband, yes-Jack-Abramoff-is-hiding-under-my-bed-why-do-you-ask type of flavor.

So Tenet - perfectly legally, I stress, because I am an honest(ish) blogger and I feel compelled to emphasize that - spilled the beans to Cheney. And all this time, you were wondering what Tenet did to deserve that medal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Treason is the reason for the season

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home