Sunday, January 07, 2007

Y is for Yoga

Well, Lazy McGoo is back. I knew it had been a long time, but glory be, I didn't realize it had been almost two months! So sorry, friends. It's because in my mind I'm always writing blog posts. It's also because all I ever want to write about is my adventures at the Y, and I've been incredibly negligent of my exercise routine. But, with new years come new commitments to not turning myself into a bowl full of jelly, so I'm back at my favorite place. And today I did something new: Yoga.

I've taken a couple of yoga classes before (like, literally a couple), and when I was dancing we did a lot of yoga poses to stretch and work on our alignment and such, but practically speaking, I am a total newbie. So I went to a class called "Flow Yoga," which is basically a nice way of saying "Yoga for the Inflexible and Infirm." And I left feeling like my body might dissolve into a sludgy liquid. My legs trembled, my hips felt like they were about to separate from my body, and my lungs felt kind of like someone had taken a metal rod and opened up a little extra space in there -- good and painful at the same time. I have a lot of work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home