Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You Can Stay at the YMCA

Thanks, everyone, for your nice comments. Your check's in the mail, except for Paul, who made fun of me. Yesterday I was swimming at the Y, which is what I love to do, and there was some kind of tussle between a middle aged guy in a speedo and a young hipster guy who was standing in the pool. The older guy said, "whatever," as in, "whatever, I do look sexy in this speedo despite my belly," and walked away, and the younger guy just stood at the end of the pool, saying, "I don't want him to leave until the cops get here." Yet there was no blood, no one on the bottom of the pool; just a bunch of guys in swim caps. Anyway, I never did see any cops, much to my disappointment. But I did see a woman swimming in a wetsuit, wearing gloves with frog hands. I love Brooklyn.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it that you're brave enough to swim at the YMCA pool in Brooklyn! Btw - when I'm injured I do pool running and wear those webbed gloves, no wetsuit though, I still have my pride. Just checking in to see what you're up to, miss you!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Where in Brooklyn are you? I think we might be sorta, very distantly, neighbors. As in, you live in Brooklyn (cool part), and I live in Brooklyn (shoot each other part). Wanna hang out?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home