Thursday, January 12, 2006

Burp Tree

The world's plants are "belching" methane, reports New Scientist:
Globally, living plants produce between 63 and 236 million tonnes of methane per year, with plant debris adding another 1 to 7 million tonnes. This would make plants responsible for roughly 10 to 30 per cent of global methane production.
Now, leaving the totally unacceptable spelling of "tons" aside, I have to say, I sympathize with the trees. I belch a lot, I'll say between 1.4 and 6.6 million "tonnes" per year, and really, it doesn't make me any happier than anyone else. Do you think I want to be a methane plant? I bloody well don't think so! I mean, I'm killing trees here, and they're killing the planet!

Goddamn trees.

Photo by Frederik Vandaele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home