Monday, February 13, 2006

Familiarity Breeds Contempt

This very moment I am heaving a gigantic sigh at my computer screen. It sounds something like this: huuuuuuunnnnnnhhhhh. I'd throw an orange or something, but I like my computer too much. The cause? U.S. and Israelis Are Said to Talk of Hamas Ouster. Now, far be it from me to say whether political parties that call for the destruction of other countries should be allowed to govern (although there doesn't seem to be any prohibition against governments that actually destroy countries, as opposed to just talking about it), but how many times does the United States need to learn its lesson? Trying to force disfavored leaders out with monetary pressure doesn't work (Cuba or pre-invasion Iraq being good examples). Destabilizing countries in one's own interest (like, all of Latin America during the 1970s) inevitably backfires. Daarrgghh! Who runs this country? Oh. Right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home